Level 4, Intermediate, Post 6, 'Postgraduate Studies'

 Write about a postgraduate course that you would consider taking in the future. 

 

Include: 
 
Reasons to do the course 
Subject(s) you would like to study 
Where you would like to study (Chile or abroad) 
How you would like to study (distance learning, blended system, part-time course, etc) 
- Any other relevant ideas 
- Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + a comment on your teacher's post. 

- Word Count: 220 words 

 
 

As usual, I leave you a sample, 

 
 

"I would like to further my studies. If they are going to be formal, I would like to think that I will be taking a postgraduate course. Three, actually. Well, maybe four will do. 

 
The first one will consist of a Master's Degree (MA) in English Linguistics, the second, an MA in Cognitive Studies and the third one, MA in Applied Linguistics: Teaching English as a Foreign Language. Finally, a PhD on Linguistics will crown this endeavour. 

 
A lot them will take place in 2 universities: Catholic and Chile. Why? Because there are no Doctoral studies for Linguistics at ‘La Chile’, unfortunately.  And, also, there is no speciality in teaching which is worth of my time. Only Catholic University is offering this Applied Linguistics MA. Not even 'UMCE' (former 'Pedagógico') is teaching a decent MA in Education. 

 
In a matter of decades, I would also like to travel abroad and study a MA and a PhD in Comparative Literature at University of Edinburgh, Scotland, which is the place where my real interest for languages resides. Furthermore, I am considering the possibility of pursuing Doctorate Studies in Education at the University of Leeds in England. 

 
All of the above, is intended only to represent a life project that I would like to fulfil. It will take an entire life for me to realise this Project, which I hope I could make some good profit of it, not monetary (don’t get me wrong)". 

Comments

  1. I feel very identified with the idea of ​​studying for the pleasure of acquiring knowledge of self-interest and not for a monetary matter, I think it's enriching

    ReplyDelete
  2. 93/5000
    It shows that he likes to study, I hope that one day I can take all these courses, Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds great, studying abroad opens up borders a lot (literally haha) I hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if it takes a lifetime, it seems that it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that to do MA's and PhD is an enriching activity specially if they're do it in differents institutions

    ReplyDelete
  6. How interesting is your future projection.
    I hope you make it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a good way not only to continue learning but also to crown the effort obtain masters or doctorates, although I believe that the most important thing is to continue knowing

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, no, it is not misunderstood, what a great project you have and a pity that uchile doesn't have what you are looking for, you just have to continue with that desire to find satisfaction and more knowledge, you are a good teacher and I hope you achieve everything you set out to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you feel it's worth it, fight for it. Don't let it be a simple dream.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Success in your project! you deserve to be able to do it, you are a good teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopefully you can achieve everything you want and that it goes excellent, it shows that you are very interested in expanding your knowledge!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you want to continue expanding your knowledge, I hope you achieve your goal because it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I truly hope you can get the opportunity to study at the University of Leeds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's always good to keep learning, good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I liked the idea of to do studies far away from Chile, because here the education it's very expensive and to do a travel can be more enriching, even though it's difficult for moments. I hope your dreams came come true!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow interesting, how good to have thought more or less what you want to do in the future

    ReplyDelete

  17. I wish you much encouragement to achieve your goal!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Level 4, Intermediate, Post 5, 'My future job'

Level 4, Intermediate, Post 2, 'The Best Holidays/Concert Ever'

Level 4, Intermediate, Post 1, 'A Country I would like to visit'